Are you a passionate and self-propelled sales native with years of national account management in retail or brands? Do you want to be part of an international outdoor company, with the mission of enabling more people to experience and connect with nature? Then this could be your next career step!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Sales Manager / Key Account Manager your main responsibility is to lead, build and drive healthy and sustainable development of the Fenix Outdoor brands. You’ll own in the success of our organization through executing our strategic and seasonal plans in the Oslo area.
You should be an expert in communication, negotiation and relationship building. Through these business connections you’ll build our existing and potential customer base and our brand initiatives. You’ll also share your knowledge and expertise of these new, existing and developing relationships so we can learn and grow as a company and partner to our customers.
Our HQ is located in Lillehammer, Norway, and regular travel should be expected; however this position is will spend much of their time in Oslo, Norway. The Sales Manager / Key Account Manager will report to the Norwegian Country Manager for our Global Sales Division. This role would suit a talented Sales individual looking for their next challenge as either a Key Account Manager or Sales Manager. The exact position will be determined by the experience of the successful candidate.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead, build, and secure a healthy and sustainable development of the Fenix Outdoor’s brands with our national Key Accounts and key clients in the Oslo area within sporting goods and the trend/lifestyle segment(s).
- Create, own and execute the Strategic and Seasonal Plans (account plans) with the assigned national Key Accounts and key clients in the Oslo area (including prestige prospects).
- Develop strong strategic partnerships with your accounts and client’s key people and build healthy assortments (collections), trade terms, sell through and brand building initiatives.
- Ensure budget efficiency and maximum return on efforts and investments. Meaning; define, plan, align and follow up according to account plans and budgets.
- Monitor the main KPI’s and ensure delivery on plan and budget for your Key Accounts and key clients.
- Support the business with impactful strategy through insight and knowledge sharing among your internal stakeholders.
- Ensure close cooperation with your key stakeholders internally to secure a good balance between a local and global perspective.
- Act as a role model in living by our Fenix group compass.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 8 or more years in national account management from a retailer or supplier/brand owner
- It would be great if you’ve had experience in Sporting Goods, FMCG or retail preferably from the Nordic, if not Norwegian, market
- If you have knowledge about lifestyle brands and the lifestyle brand segment that would serve you well in this role
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree within economics, management, marketing and/or sales
- You think strategically but have an operational execution skill-set
- Managerial, analytical and customer focused all ring true to your personality
- You would consider yourself an influencer by nature; expert in your communication, you easily negotiate and form genuine, lasting relationships
- You have a strong operational and supply chain environment understanding
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- MS Office fluent, especially confident in PowerPoint and Excel
- You are commercially oriented with a passion for category management and development
- Always a professional, you prided yourself in the ability to make good, timely and data-driven decisions that you compliment with an ability to follow-up with and listen to customers over time
- Sales is in your DNA; you take action, are motivated by targets and understand the bigger picture and need to perform
- You are ambitious and a continuous learner; while you are humble and open to outside processes and feedback, you have no trouble speaking up and proactively looking for opportunities and solutions
- You are inclusive and open in your mind-set, internally or externally you recognize the value of different backgrounds, beliefs and ways of doing business
Fenix Outdoor celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.
Up for the challenge?
Start your adventure with us and apply in English through our Careers Site today!
We are reviewing applications on a continuous basis, depending on applicant flow, our ad may close earlier than expected.