Norrøna is currently looking for an experienced Pattern Maker (Product Specialist) who will work closely alongside our Designers, Product Technicians and Product Developers. This position will require extensive knowledge of apparel construction, pattern making and fit. You will work with all product categories covering all Norrøna activities, while being in charge of pattern making and product development with high focus on quality, function, design and sustainability.
With your knowledge as an experienced Pattern Maker you are a key driver of strategic decisions within your area. You will also contribute to the growth of all individuals within your team and department by sharing your expertise.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to be part of a passionate team working together on meeting our customers’ expectations and our promise of delivering the world’s best outdoor products.
The position reports to our Product Engineering Manager and is based at our HQ in Lysaker.
Main responsibilities & tasks
- Develop, create and adjust patterns for “the world's greatest outdoor products”
- Be a key driver of strategic decisions by challenging our status quo
- Strengthen expertise in the Product Specialist team through technical leadership and training
- Participate in and lead projects within the department and cross-functionally
- Evolve the fit strategy together with the Design Team and coordinate fit standards for all product categories
- Maintain the existing block, grading and construction standards and create new when necessary
- Create patterns for our prototypes
- Responsible for BOM, size chart and technical instructions
- Be at all times updated on our end consumers requirements and needs
Personal qualities we see as successful in this role
- Ability to think one step ahead - strategic and operational
- You have great attention to detail
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Structured way of working and experience with following timelines
- Can handle seasonal workload peaks with a high work pace
- Relevant education in pattern making, apparel fashion, product development or manufacturing
- 7 years+ relevant experience working within pattern making is preferred
- High level of garment construction knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of CAD pattern design, knowledge of Lectra Modaris is a plus
- Proficient in vector graphic software, Corel Designer is a plus
- Knowledge of 3D fashion design software, Browzwear is a plus
- Experience with technical product solutions / outdoor garments
- Good communication skills in English
- An opportunity to be a part of a company that takes CSR seriously, wanting to improve how the industry works
- A fast paced work environment with highly motivated employees who work together to create the world's greatest outdoor products
- Health insurance
- Company cabin