We are looking for an experienced Designer & Product Developer to our brand Whiteout.
Our mission is simply to make premium versatile outdoor essentials with high-quality materials at an affordable cost, making it a little easier for everyone to #GetOut.
With Whiteout, we believe we can use business as a vehicle for change and inspiration. We cut the costs where we can and place the effort where it should be so we can give more and sell for less. Our focus is to make sure we only create premium versatile outdoor essentials for ordinary everyday adventures. Through our generic design, lifetime quality and repair promise we aim to extend the product life cycle, reduce consumption and waste
As a Designer & Product Developer you will be part of "giving birth to the product" and follow it all the way to approval for production. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that Whiteout delivers premium versatile outdoor products on the market, with the highest quality and at the correct cost within the timelines.
Basically you will be the product “multitool” person of Whiteout, working highly independently in a knowledgeable Norrøna atmosphere, driving and managing the products from A to Z.
You will have responsibility to design, develop and quality assure the Whiteout products. You will be the creator for all styles and define the products through sketches, BOM’s, measurement charts which end up in a complete tech pack and style approval for production. You are the main point of contact for your manufacturers for all topics related to product quality, specification, and costing.
- You are the designer of the entire Whiteout collection; from ideation, coloration to create sketches and full instructions of the technical solution
- You define and source all the materials used in the products, internally and externally
- You are responsible for the fit of the products by creating measurement charts and working with patternmakers at our manufacturers
- You are responsible for products meeting our high quality level and approval of samples inclusive of prototypes, size sets and pre-production samples. This will be done partly by visiting our factories (Asia and Europe) to secure they are aligned with our requirements
- Ensure best construction for use, fit, durability and appearance
- Work as the focal point for input on product construction between RDD, the manufacturers and Supply Chain
- Negotiate prices with manufacturers ( and suppliers ) based on current market situation and industry statistics
Personal qualities required to be successful in the role
- Detail oriented with the ability to deliver on time
- Creative and solution oriented
- Able to work independently
- You manage a wide range of responsibilities
- You are able to travel for work when necessary (EU/Asia)
- You are ambitious and see this job as a great opportunity to learn
- 5-10 years experience working with designing & production of textile/apparel is required
- Fashion design degree from university level is prioritized, or equal proven knowledge level
- High understanding of the garment industry and the different processes involved
- Experience with price negotiation and international trade
- Methodical, structured and analytical in your approach, combined with a flexible and commercial thinking
- Great English skills, both oral and written
- Good understanding and experience in the use of PLM systems
- A unique opportunity to be part of taking Whiteout to the next level
- Fast paced work environment with highly motivated, results oriented and competent colleagues in a friendly atmosphere at HQ Lysaker
- Company cabin
- Health & travel insurance
Application deadline December 19th.
Start date: As soon as possible
Spørsmål om stillingen. Kontakt: Tina Grant